LG 50PN6504 settings / opinion

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Dannydekr, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Dannydekr

Dannydekr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my brand new LG 50PN6504. Great design and easy install. I do have a few points I just want to be sure if it's normal etc:

• A lot of people talk about the fact the contrast is great. Well, I just don't agree just yet. I used some calibration settings found on this forum, made for the PN6500. The colors are much better / more vibrant, but the contrast just doesn't seem good at all. Disabled everything that can influence the contrast (including eco-mode). Everything just seems a little washed out, especially when I'm using the iPad while watching TV it becomes very obvious the contrast is kinda bad :rolleyes:

• What about TruMotion/600HZ? I am used to an LCD which had a slight SoapOperaEffect. Motion was very smooth on that TV. With this 6504PN it's much less smooth, and sometimes I think I see judder. Can the 'Real Cinema' setting fix this problem or is it something I need to get used at:)?

Anyone else has experience with the PN6500/6504? And what are the best settings you prefer? Thx!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Thomac

Thomac
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Danny,

Just came across your post, unfortunately without any replies. I just bought the 50PN6504 as well and was curious to wether you found some interesting settings?

I'm happy with colors but not really with the black levels. Secondly, at end credits of a movie the panel turns to completely black when there is nothing to show (in between titles). The panel turns back to darkgrey when there is a title shown.

And I second your opinion that frames with a lot of movements feel shudderish from time to time.

I'm very curious to your experience!