LG 50PM670T & 60PM670T Owners Thread

Guys,

I have had the 50pm670t and am really not impressed at all, the lip synch Jesus wept why is it so bad,luckily my amp allows me to fix this but when using just the tv without the amp I can't get it to tie in with my sky hd any help please on how to do this.

Also for viewing films etc what's the best setting to use for a decent picture every pic I seem to choose the black borders are practically grey, any help how I can blacken them.

Cheers

Reboot the Sky box by unplugging it, plug it back in, wait 3 mins then press the Sky button on it's remote.

That should solve any sync probs.

Reboot the Sky box by unplugging it, plug it back in, wait 3 mins then press the Sky button on it's remote.

That should solve any sync probs.

Thanks Jay should I reset digital delay back to 0 on the sky box or just leave it at 200?

BritanniaJaf said:
Thanks Jay should I reset digital delay back to 0 on the sky box or just leave it at 200?

The delay setting on the Sky box only affects the digital out connection so leave it set at whatever is needed when feeding your amp.
Why not just use the amp all the time?

The delay setting on the Sky box only affects the digital out connection so leave it set at whatever is needed when feeding your amp.
Why not just use the amp all the time?

Oh dont you worry Jay I use the amp all the time.

Guess who dosen't use the amp and prefers just the tv volume??????????????????????????

So new update available this evening, firmware 04.10.07. Anyone have any ideas what's new? Doesn't seem to be on the LG site at the moment, I'm using an AVR but perhaps it fixes the lip-sync issue others are having, personally a fix for the brightness pops (particularly noticeable on animated stuff like "The Simpsons") would be most welcome...

Yes my 60pm970 updated last night, I was optimistic it may cure the lipsync issue but unfortunately there's no improvement to that problem. I also correct mine with a delay setting in my yammy rx-v765 AVR, however this is not ideal as when playing a USB film or any other non HDMI source I find that no delay is required to the audio so I then have to go back into the AVR settings to turn the delay off, a fiddle TBF. I suspect the lipsync is most probably h/w unable to process the image fast enough as if it was s/w then surely it would've been fixed.

Hey

Just got our 60PM670T and picture quality is great BUT the SKY HD lipsync is hurting....its pretty bad. Apple TV and Blu Ray seem to be fine. I have it all connected through HTP071 Pioneer, any help/fixes?

Try rebooting your SkyHD box by removing power completely then reconnecting and waiting 2 mins before pressing the Sky button.

We've got two of these in our house I've got the 50PM670T and my son has the 60PM670T. My son replaced his old Samsung plasma which was worn out in January and my TV packed up a month later so my choice was influenced by the fact I'd seen and got familiar with the 60" version.

Both are great TVs for the money. My son uses his for XBOX 360 gaming and the picture quality is stunning.

The sound from the TV speakers on both isn't great so like a lot of people I've encountered lip synch problems when trying to play the sound from my Virgin v+ box through my trusty old NAD 3020i amp and speakers. The TV picture is behind the sound.

I'm not too bothered about Dolby digital surround sound so I may just get a digital to analogue converter and get the audio output from the TV into my amp which doesn't have a digital audio input.

Interestingly these TVs are capable of outputting Dolby Digital according to the manual. If you set the Digital Output to Auto rather than PCM, the TV will output Dolby Digital if it's receiving a Dolby digital input.

My question is; if the TV is getting a Dolby digital input via freeview, Sky/Virgin box, Internet streaming or a Blue Ray/DVD player, will these all be passed through to the TV's Digital output? I can't test this myself as I don't have an AV/Dolby capable amp but it would nice to know if this would cure the lip synch issue for a lot of people.

Can anyone tell how to stop the amp turning on to tv input when I turn my 60pm970 on? Incidentally I've got ARC enabled but I do not want it to be turning my amp on.

You need to go into the TVs menu and look for "Link" settings and turn them off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom