• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 50PK590 Bad Pixel

ln1234

Established Member
Have had this TV about 2 months and have noticed a bad pixel in the central area of the screen. The pixel occassionaly flashes, but is mostly stuck on red.

What is LG's bad pixel policy, and is it worth me raising this with the retailer? (Curry's).

Thanks

muffins

Prominent Member
Have had this TV about 2 months and have noticed a bad pixel in the central area of the screen. The pixel occassionaly flashes, but is mostly stuck on red.

What is LG's bad pixel policy, and is it worth me raising this with the retailer? (Curry's).

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they wont exchange it for a stuck pixel.

Can you actually see it from your normal viewing position?

I have a stuck pixel and can't see it from 8 feet away, only if I have my nose up to the screen.

If you change ISM to colour wash it gets rid of it for me, but it comes back.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
I have a funny pixel on myPK590 it doesnt like red it shows white. I cant see it unless the screen is fully red or if I go looking for it up close.
I wouldnt let Currys take the tv away for repair over 1 pixel. Theres been a few of us inc me that have had Currys 'Tech' Guys damage are tvs.

If it flashes then it may cure itself. There have been a couple of guys on the PK590 thread that have cured stuck/flashing pixels by showing rapid flashing colours on screen.

Coop995

Established Member
I thought I had a bad pixel on my Sony Bravia not so long ago, it turned out to be a very stubborn bit of something sticky on the screen (could barely feel it with my fingernail). It really did look like a stuck pixel with the way the pixel was stuck as a green colour :laugh:. I bit of rubbing alcohol on an earbud did the trick. Anyways moral of the story is check its not a piece of dirt before panicking like I did.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I wouldnt let Currys take the tv away for repair over 1 pixel. Theres been a few of us inc me that have had Currys 'Tech' Guys damage are tvs.

Hmmm they certainly have john :mad:

I got a better tele out of them in the end but boy was it a rigmarole and a half!!!

ln1234

Established Member
I have a funny pixel on myPK590 it doesnt like red it shows white. I cant see it unless the screen is fully red or if I go looking for it up close.

If it flashes then it may cure itself. There have been a couple of guys on the PK590 thread that have cured stuck/flashing pixels by showing rapid flashing colours on screen.

It's definately a flashing red pixel, although it does stay stuck sometimes as well.

I guess if you're far enough away you don't notice it, but it's right there toward the centre of the screen and I notice it in my seating position. Will check out the other Pk590 threads

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom