• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 50PK350 v PANASONIC TX-P50U20B

CO2000

Both about the same price £600- £700 (LG maybe £100 cheaper)

Any comments ?

What's more reflective ?

Cheers.

CO2000

Swaying to the LG, reviews seem good & it looks better than the Panasonic. To overcome the reflective issues it seems that a good few hundred more ££'s are needed.

AEJim

It is reflective but as long as it isn't opposite a window it isn't a major problem (here's a crappy pic of mine with two large windows 90 degrees to the left of it). With bright daylight on a sunny day it's not perfect but then you can always draw the curtains...
photo.jpg

AEJim

It's very good indeed - basically turn it on, put picture mode to "Expert 1" and turn off all power-saving/enhancement etc and you're set! Very happy with it - less so with England in the World Cup due to the £10 cashback for each goal scored from Currys ;)

AEJim

Well I'm quite happy about that (From North of the border:D:D)

Yeah, in four more years time you might be able to get a similar promotion on your own team... On second thoughts that's extremely optimistic :D At least you don't have to go through the pain of seeing your team of "Superstars" continually put in below par performances :facepalm:

Manic

At least you don't have to go through the pain of seeing your team of "Superstars" continually put in below par performances
Yesterday 10:08 PM

Strange you say that when we scored the most goals in the qualifiers, if thats below par then i think i'll take that over what the scots can produce football wise :)

CO2000

Nothing like taking your own thread off topic !

I really don't know how we are so bad, so many play from a young age & lots get lessons. My 2 boys have been going once a week since they were 2/3 years old. Maybe in 8/12 years we might make it back............

Tonothy

Standard Member
Hey jimrod i have just got the same tv as you but unsure what settings to have. Started a thread asking for advice but mite as well just ask you here. You couldnt shed some light on why you choose these settings could you please just this is my first big plasma tv and iam confused as different sites say different things about what settings to have and burn in periods.

If you can this would be a big help thanks.

CO2000

Right ordered the LG & pick it up at the weekend just in time for the last round of the US Open which is my sport, Golf! (Although I think it is 4 of the top 10 in the world is English - that's impressive:D)

AEJim

Hey Tonothy, basically someone did some testing over in the LG forum and decided that "Expert 1", 54 brightness and gamma "high" in the expert settings is the way to go - I'm inclined to agree! Set aspect to "Just Scan" and turn off Eco mode if it's on. Always walk away for a bit if you're coming from other settings as adjustments can look wrong when comparing instantly. Don't worry greatly about burn-in, try to watch full screen programmes initially and avoid watching channels with strong logos for more than 20 mins or so at a time for the first couple of weeks - use the "orbiter" to help with those channels and run the whitewash for a few mins if any logos stick...

You can improve pic with more involved calibration but each set will vary - it's a fiddly process too, got some great settings last night then went too far and messed them up! :(

AEJim

Right ordered the LG & pick it up at the weekend just in time for the last round of the US Open which is my sport, Golf! (Although I think it is 4 of the top 10 in the world is English - that's impressive:D)

Yeah, the Scots are slipping lately - Montgomery is getting a little past it now, need some fresh new blood...

Hi guys, can you do some more shots?

Thinking about this to replace my Optoma HD65. Hopefully the screen wont be too small. Usually got a 85" but require the deeper blacks and better colouring.

Cheers.
Rob.

merc350

Standard Member
just bought this tv as the tv for my dedicated home cinema room, first impressions are very impressive:thumbsup: will compliment the projector set up well

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom