• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 50PK plasmas

liquidmonkey1

Standard Member
well it looks like i'm totally taken with the style of the LG 50PK PLASMA line, even though i was out for a 46" LED TV from the beginning.

question is, should i get the 50PK550N or 50PK750N??
is an additional HDMI and internet access the only differences?
DLNA would be nice but it costs loads extra to get the dongle and we will just buy a WD LIVE media player anyway.

is the picture pretty much the same between the two models?
any one get either of these plasmas and want to give your impressions?

thanks!

should add that i am in sweden.

Last edited:

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
The PK series as far as I'm aware all have the same panel (well the do in the UK). So I would expect the image to be more or less the same.:smashin:

Stormpilot

or the 350 which is cheaper and has the same panel unless you really need freeview
currently the 350 is about 540 compared with some 670 pounds for the 590. you could freeview for 10-20 pounds

Last edited:

liquidmonkey1

Standard Member
thanks for the info!

what is FREEVIEW? is that a UK thing?
does the THX come on the 350?

and does THX work when playing a movie from either the USB stick or through a media player?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom