LG 50PG6010 or Samsung PS50A456P

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by lampard1983, Feb 12, 2009.

1. lampard1983

lampard1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    hello everyone, this is my first post and just wanted to say what a fantastic site this is, anyway moving on lol.

Im just trying to find out which tv is better or which tv out of the 2 people recommend, i only have the choice out of these 2 tvs so im tryin to find out which is the best one,

It will be connected to my xbox 360 via hdmi, vm+ cable box via hdmi and my pc via dvi - hdmi, i hope someone can help me out and would really appreciate it, i have heard image retention is pretty bad on lg tvs, i currently have a samsung 42" and the image retention has not been a problem

Cheers
    Karl

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. lampard1983

lampard1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    Anyone?? I'm going to get the tv later this afternoon so got 12hrs to decide

3. SupplementMan

SupplementMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I was mulling these 2 over, from what I've read on here (threads/reviews) Pg6000 seems to be better technology and PQ, contrast ratios, colour depth, set design, HDMI ports. I'm pretty tempted myself. Best price I've seen is 700 from Pixmania (with a discount code on their site), think I've seen the Sammy for near 630, but the PG3000 was the same price, which is close in tech to the PG6000 but not quite as sleek and a lower contrast ratio

Both have image retention problems though, so be aware of that, although if its a model that isn't slightly damaged (some people have got dodgy sets) this should be unnoticable for the main part. You can always return in 7days if this isnt up to scratch.

If your big into gaming I'd be cautious about either because of the IR

Again I haven't got/used either this is just from my reading of peoples experience on here and reviews

4. lampard1983

lampard1983

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +362
    got the sammy as the lg was not in stock