LG 50PG6000 Vs Sharp LC46X20E Vs LG 47LG500 for HD

hendern88

Standard Member
Hi there,

I'm looking for a larger new TV to replace my old and troubled Samsung LCD rear projection 43"...which in truth has been a great TV for nearly 6 yrs ( 1 bulb replace ).

The new TV will be to watch mainly SKy HD and 1080p material through a NMT (HDX-1000 to replace my Snazio 1350)...as well as normal DVDs.

I know I can expect a better non 1080p image on the plasma ( well so everyone says ) and Sky HD is only 720p anyway ( I'm sure..? )...anway the question is will getting one of these 1080p LCDs give me a better HD pic than the plasma....I like the wider spread of quality I'll get with a plasma but will I be missing much if Idon't get one of these 1080p LCDs ?

I like the idea of being future proof'd with a full 1080p screen but appreciate that movie viewing may be better on the plasma ( as well a 3 extra inches of course ).

Any comment most welcome..... ps...I like the look of the PS50A557 Samsung 1080p plasmas but just a tad outside my budget of £800.

rewerb

Novice Member
You could also consider the Panny 50PX8, £699. It's a cut down PX80, with fewer connections,and lower contrast.

audiphile76

I know I can expect a better non 1080p image on the plasma ( well so everyone says ) and Sky HD is only 720p anyway ( I'm sure..? )...anway the question is will getting one of these 1080p LCDs give me a better HD pic than the plasma....I like the wider spread of quality I'll get with a plasma but will I be missing much if Idon't get one of these 1080p LCDs ?
High definition movies look better on a 1080p plasma than a 1080p LCD as plasmas display more natural colors, better blacks, better shadow details and more natural movements. I would suggest to stretch your budget a bit more to consider 50PZ80 or 46PZ80 from Panasonic. If your viewing distance is greater than 10 feet, consider 50PX8

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom