• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 50PC56 - Power Problem?

Lepricon

Standard Member
Hello, I've had my LG 50PC56 for around 1 and 1/2 years which sadly means that it's out of warranty.

What happened was that I was simply watching some TV and suddenly it turned off. I went to look at what happened but I was unable to turn it back on. I tried another cable and also switched fuses but neither worked.

It seems that the LG doesn't seem to be getting any power as there are usually lights at the bottom right indicating that the plasma has power, but in this case the lights are completely out.

I'm not entirely sure but does this mean that the power supply of the TV is dead? And is it fixable?

Lepricon

Standard Member
Just and update on this. I put the AC plug on an extension AC plug and now it seems to be working. Only problem now is that it's getting some black lines going across the screen regularly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom