Question LG 50LF580V Audio out question

buggbairn

Standard Member
I've recently purchased this TV

Previously I had a non smart TV wall mounted. Cable wise I made the decision to only run 2 x HDMI (one as spare) and 1 x 240V power cables, the reason being was that my Sony Amp took all inputs (VM/DVD Player etc) and fed the TV with one HDMI output. I chose to not use the TV's internal speaker as the amp took care of all sounds.

When setting up the new Smart TV I had one of those "Doh" moments when I realised that the smart function and ability to watch movies straight off a USB stick all gets fed to the TV's speakers and the Amp has no input from these functions.

With this in mind and based on the TV's connect-ability (below) am I screwed if I want to use my Amp for sound ? Is the option of a wireless Soundbar feasible ? . Is the backup HDMI cable usable in some way?. What are my best options is basically what I'm needing help with.

Jack Pack (Side)
  • USB 2.0 x 3
  • HDMI x 3
  • CI slot x yes
HIDE Jack Pack (Rear)
  • RF In x 2
  • Full Scart x 1
  • Composite In (CVBS + Audio) x 1
  • Component in (Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio x 1
  • Digital Audio Out (Coaxial/ Optical) x 1 (Optical)
  • PC Audio Input - Share with Component audio (AV2)
  • LAN x 1
  • External Speaker out (Analog audio out) / Headphone out x 1

Dygaren

Novice Member
If you dont have Coaxial/optical in on your amp, you can use the headphone jack - maybe need to get a rca splitter.

Some tv's / blurays have hdmi out - sends audio to a reciver

Ofcourse you can get a DAC of your choosing to make the digital optical signal analog, and use rca to connect to amp.

Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom