LG 49UH750V currently to OLED

flozz1233

Good afternoon all,
hope everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays :D
recently my optical cable port on my tv has broken therefore cannot use the soundbar which in turn has made me decide to get a brand new TV :D
ofc new soundbar sounds better but i just got it last year, sonos playbar
also since purchasing i can now look at getting 55 inch to 70 inch tv to place on my wall,
so my question to this forums is this
which is the best one for me
preferences
oled
65 inches
ability to use my phillips hue sync box and ambilights/led strips
ability to run games at 4k,120hz via my PC over HDMI - will be rarely using this however would like to option to do so
connectivity to the hue sync box so all the lights can sync up with whats on screen
most commonly watch stuff on youtube however have an emby server which has a lot of tv and movies on which I would like to experience in OLED or any other backlighting options
TV - formula 1, football or cricket are the usual suspects. dont tend to leave on for more than 2 or 3 hours before switching back to my nvidia shield or other device

I am trying to think what else would be important

not really after sound quality as going to use the soundbar and 2 sonos 1s with potentially a sonos sub added soon :D
no loyalty to branding but do have a samsung and iphone for mobile devices if that means anything

have looked at lg c1 and g1 and currently in my eyesights at the moment
sony uses LED panels so havent looked at them
samsung qled is potential but would like some added help

budget 1500 max
room does not get any sunlight apart from summer mornings and evenings, current peak brightness on the tv is okay but could be better

i think that is everything
if you need more information please let me know asap so i can get back to you :)

thanks for your time and effort

Dodgexander

There's lots of OLED TVs available from Philips, Sony, LG and Panasonic. You can compare them in my thread here:

For gaming and mixed usage LG are the most popular, the G1 does use a newer, brighter panel but it's probably not worth the extra cost over the C1 unless you want better built in sound.

Sony make OLEDs too, Samsung not yet, Samsung's high end QN94A and up are very good LCD TVs though.

Best buy guide with all models:

Pros and cons of OLED vs LCD:

Samsung market their higher end LCD TVs as QLED, but they are still LCD TVs.

flozz1233

also would it be worth waiting for the c2 and g2 to be released?
I understand that they have been announced at ces recently but if it is worth waiting then will look to get the new oled panels :)
I think the c2 has the evo panel as well

ChrisKz

also would it be worth waiting for the c2 and g2 to be released?
I understand that they have been announced at ces recently but if it is worth waiting then will look to get the new oled panels :)
I think the c2 has the evo panel as well
They would probably command a premium . Better to buy C1 and enjoy it now .

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom