Quantcast

LG 49UF680V NOT PLAYING 4K MOVIES

IJRI

Novice Member
hi, my tv wont play 4k or uhd movies anymore, i believe it stoped after some firmware update.. it used to play in the past but now i get 4k movies to play and it says it can play the file.. is there any way to reset or uninstal the firmware updates and get it back to its original firmware version?

Thx in advance

Clem_Dye

No, you can’t roll back firmware. How are you playing the 4K material? Have you checked your TV’s settings, tried a factory reset, etc.?

Clem

IJRI

Novice Member
Yes I try all of that, used to play them from external drive such ssd or even from smart share and nothing..

IJRI

Novice Member
Hi,

I have contacted them and they answered this:

If your unit is still unable to play any 4K content then it is possible that the unit may have developed a fault that may need a repair. As your TV was manufactured in 2015 it is likely that you are outside of the 12 month manufacturers warranty period. This means we would be able to assist with a chargeable repair. I would be happy to look into this further for you.

It blows me away from LG brand, this tv wasn't cheap at the time i bought it so this means that LG its a no go brand for me.. This tv as only 4 or 5 years on the market and the best feature died already, new firmware updates probably will not come but if they do i can just hope they could fix the issue..

Thanks

Clem_Dye

Could you connect the HD to an external player and route playback via HDMI? Not ideal, but cheaper than a new TV.

Clem

IJRI

Novice Member
I wont buy a new tv because of this issue at least for now beside that its working fine, and full hd 1080p still good and pretty, its just a bad and sad issue from LG that i wasn't expecting.

SeeMoreDigital

hi, my tv wont play 4k or uhd movies anymore...
Never heard of anything like this happening before that wasn't down to a corrupted or incorrectly encoded file...