• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 49UB820V with LG Soundbar and Sub

Lilo1972

Novice Member
Hello All.

I have an LG 49" TV which I bought with a Soundbar/Sub pack. The Soundbar is connected to the TV via Optical Link and the a Sub is wirelessly connected to the Soundbar.
This is installed in our Lounge.

We have a TV in the Kitchen displaying the same image as whatever is shown in the Lounge, although there is a slight delay (as the image is gained via coax routed through the house which was initially installed for use as the terrestrial (Freeview) aerial feed).
The Video Out (scart) from our Virgin TiVo box is fed into the wall socket in our Lounge, which is routed up to our loft (where the aerial amp used to be) and is joined to the coax leading to the kitchen wall socket. I then have a coax converter to send the video signal to the video-in on the scart connector in the kitchen.
Granted, it's a little rudementery but it works. We get a good image with a very slight delay in the kitchen of whatever we are watching in the Lounge.

And on to my question...
We want to add some form of wireless speakers to what we have already to the kitchen.
How do we do this? Can we add a secondary output source from the Lounge TV?
We appreciate there may be a slight delay between the kitchen image and the sound, but this is fine.
What we can't have is an echo effect between the lounge and the kitchen. The sound MUST be in sync with the sound in the lounge as we have an open plan ground floor area and an echo would drive us nuts!

Any help, very much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom