LG 49SJ810V loss of sound issue with Yamaha RX-V4A via ARC

maxbrooker

Hi guys, hoping someone might be able to help with this one…

Ignore my signature, this is an issue I am helping to resolve for my neighbour.

He’s recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V4A receiver which he has connected to his LG 49SJ810V TV via ARC with a new high speed HDMI cable.

He keeps losing sound, it’ll work for several minutes then suddenly drop out by itself. I have set It up correctly according to the instructions with ARC from the TV to eARC on the Yamaha. Changed sound options on the LG to HDMI, Auto/pass through and CEC (Simplelink) turned on. Tried various options of these settings turning on and off and it makes no difference.

And the other annoying thing is that I cannot get the on screen settings menu from the Yamaha to appear on screen which means I can’t check the receiver settings. Is this a bug or am I missing something. I’m going to try testing out with a separate source like a fireTV stick and see how it behaves.

I’m annoyed with myself that I can’t sort this issue having had years of experience with AV, but I’m coming from separates and never had to deal with ARC/eARC set ups before.

I’ve read about lots of problems with LG TVs not playing well with receivers via ARC.

Anyone had any similar issues?

maxbrooker

I think the Yamaha is at fault as having just done a firmware update there is now zero sound on every single input and nothing from internet radio, even tried a standard speaker test tone and nadda, nowt, nothing…. so It’ll have to go back. I’m off to post on the Yamaha thread about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom