LG 49SJ800v or 49SJ810v

jimmythehill

Established Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, this is my first post on here after lurking for some time, so "Hello".
Hopefully you will all help me, I was initially looking at the Samsung KS8000s, but they seem to have completely disappeared so I have now turned my attention to the LG 49SJ models.
I have at the minute, a 10yr old HD ready 37" Samsung :? so think it's about time to look at a new TV.
Looking at this LG model, the 800v is in Richersounds (£999), the 810v (£1049), the only differences I can see are the stands.
Anyone have this TV? Can't seem to find any reviews whatsoever...is that a good or a bad thing?

Thanks in advance

J

The 810v may be a Currys exclusive?

And it has a central stand.

Last edited:
<nudge>

I'm in a similar position and looking for the best 49 inch 4k HDR. Sadly it seems OLED 49ers are not expected any time soon so will have to settle with an LED panel :(

Considering the Samsung Q7F also but it's silly money at present.

Not seeing any reviews for the LG..unless I've missed something?

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the site, I'm also looking at these two TVs.
I'm confused about the differences. Just the stand or 10 bit / 8 bit....LG say only the stand?
See below replies from LG Italy and UK - (I live in Italy)

LG Italy
"With regard to its communication, confirming that the only difference between the 49SJ810V and 49SJ800V models of TV is the different type of pedestal and that the 49SJ800V model is not distributed in Italy "

LG UK
"I have looked into the specifications of both models, they both have the exact same specifications however the 810V has been manufactured exclusively to Curry&#39s. "

Confused!
I prefer the stand on the 810v as its more central (as long as its 10 bit panel too) - but don't really wanna buy from currys (£599) at mo. Other places offer 5 year warranty too. The added complication is that I live in Italy but I will save those issues for another post!

Cheers
Rob

Hi Guys,
I'm new to the site, I'm also looking at these two TVs.
I'm confused about the differences. Just the stand or 10 bit / 8 bit....LG say only the stand?
See below replies from LG Italy and UK - (I live in Italy)

LG Italy
"With regard to its communication, confirming that the only difference between the 49SJ810V and 49SJ800V models of TV is the different type of pedestal and that the 49SJ800V model is not distributed in Italy "

LG UK
"I have looked into the specifications of both models, they both have the exact same specifications however the 810V has been manufactured exclusively to Curry&#39s. "

Confused!
I prefer the stand on the 810v as its more central (as long as its 10 bit panel too) - but don't really wanna buy from currys (£599) at mo. Other places offer 5 year warranty too. The added complication is that I live in Italy but I will save those issues for another post!

Cheers
Rob
They both are 8bit + " FRC " LG have confirmed this many times , there are copies of emails to prove this on the forums

The fact that there's doubt about whether it's 8bit w/FRC or actual 10bit - and it's not obvious except by disassembling a TV and inspecting the panel to find out - is probably reason enough to suspect it doesn't really matter!

The fact that there's doubt about whether it's 8bit w/FRC or actual 10bit - and it's not obvious except by disassembling a TV and inspecting the panel to find out - is probably reason enough to suspect it doesn't really matter!
I said that ages ago in another post . I guess people just don't read other threads , they just make a new one

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom