steelmonkey21

Novice Member
Hi Guys,
Just brought this TV, mainly use it as a monitor for my PC, but decided to plug the satelite dish in to watch the footy tonight. Long story short, when I tune into BBC 1 or ITV HD it says no signal. I can get channel 5 HD and a couple of others, and I can get all the normal channels. Does anyone have any idea why I cant get ITV and BBC hd its driving me nuts. I used to get them on my old Panasonic TV a few years back. Now the dish is very old, but Seeing as I'm getting the other channels surely it can't be the dish. Does anyone have any ideas.
Thanks in advance

Have you entered your postcode? Did you have Sky Q installed by any chance?

If so, your Sky disk would have been fitted with a 'wideband' LNB instead of the more conventional 'universal' LNB, which your TV requires.

EDIT:
BBC One HD is currently available from just one transponder at: 10847.00 | V | 23000 | 3/4
ITV 1 HD is currently available from three different transponders!

Last edited:

steelmonkey21

Novice Member
Have you entered your postcode? Did you have Sky Q installed by any chance?

If so, your Sky disk would have been fitted with a 'wideband' LNB instead of the more conventional 'universal' LNB, which your TV requires.

EDIT:
BBC One HD is currently available from just one transponder at: 10847.00 | V | 23000 | 3/4
ITV 1 HD is currently available from three different transponders!
Yes I've entered my post code when I got the TV, I checked that it was still correct last night. I did originally have the dish install for sky, although it was not the standard dish, I had a 1M much higher quality dish installed, but that was 25 - 30 years ago, I've never had sky Q. I've just tried that transponder, still no signal on BBC or ITV HD.

To complete your list, here's the ITV 1 HD transponder info: -

11068.00 | V | 23000 | 3/4 - Serving regions: Yorkshire East, Anglia East & Border England
11097.00 | V | 23000 | 3/4 - Serving regions: Meridian Thames Valley, Meridian South Coast, Yorkshire West, Anglia West & Central East
12168.00 | V | 27500 | 2/3 - Central East

Note that all the above frequencies are vertically polarized.

If your dish set-up is really old, perhaps your LNB is dying...

Or has a loose connection?
If that were the case, the LNB would most probably not work at all. But yes, anything's worth checking.

A few years ago, one of my neighbours LNB's failed and was only able to receive channels on one polarisation... I can't remember which.

Fortunately their dish wasn't very high up on the side of their bungalow and was a very easy swap ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom