LG 49NANO866NA Horizontal lines

jacksonclaugher

Novice Member
Reaction score
My Tv has recently displayed faint horizontal lines all over my screen, more apparent on the top half. i have looked everywhere but can’t find a fix. I have tried restarting the Tv and unplugging it from the socket and back on, i’ve been through all setting and tried absolutely everything including changing wires around and changing sockets. This is a new tv and i need help with what to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 142
It's hard to tell what the issue is due to the distortion from your phone camera but if you want to troubleshoot this yourself, then I would first check for any software updates and then do a factory reset. Unplug all external devices and if the issue is present with the TV's own tuner or apps, then I can't see any other course of action open to you besides contacting the retailer for a replacement. If you've only just bought it, then the sooner you do this the better.

BTW - this is the OLED TV forum and yours is an LCD. It might be worth checking the LG TVs Forum for anyone with similar issues :)

Hi Mike, did you ever find a solution or diagnosis for this?
It wasn't me who had the problem I'm afraid and the OP hasn't been back to the forum since.

If you have a similar issue I would try the basic trouble-shooting steps I mentioned above, the important one being to disconnect all external devices so that you can prove the problem is due to the TV itself and not a dodgy cable or device.

If you do have a line of dead (black) pixels then it's likely to be a screen fault in which case a repair will probably be uneconomical and you'll either need to replace the TV or (if it's still under warranty), take it up with the retailer. If it isn't under warranty, then you may still have some comeback on them under the Consumer Rights Act although a successful claim will depend on how old the TV is and how much it originally cost.

If you have pixels 'stuck' on one colour and the TV isn't under warranty, then there are are steps you can take to attempt to fix the problem yourself according to Google, although a fix isn't guaranteed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom