LG 48C1: PS5 output stuck at 4K 60Hz YCBCR422 8b TM

Blackbird88

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I already searched for this but I didn't found a solution.

Well, I bought a 48C1 and I connected my PS5 via its original HDMI cable, I set the TV as on RTINGS.com and set the input icon on "PC" in order to achieve the 4:4:4 chroma.

I think I did everything correctly, right?

But the TV, after firing up the PS5, shows me 4K 60Hz YCBCR422 8b TM in HDR, but I know it can reach 4K 60Hz RGB 10/12 bit because it's within the 32Gbps… so where am I wrong?
In SDR no problem, the problem occurs only in HDR.

Thank you so much in advance for the answers and your time!

Last edited:
Double check that you have ultra deep colour enabled, toggle on/off to be sure for the HDMI input the PS5 is attached to. Also the PS5 4K transfer rate is not on -1 or -2.

The LG diagnostic cannot determine the bit depth in YCC so will always report 8-bit even if its 10/12-bit.

The max PS5 output in HDR will be YCC/YUV 12-bit 422 at 4k 120hz, it could be Sony have decided that is the way to go and altered the the default output of the PS5 via firmware update, I do recall it doing 10-bit RGB in the past.

You don't really need chroma 444 for a PS5, its for desktop PC usage and the rendering of fine text.

Upvote 0
I don't own a PS5 but some people in the main C1 thread are saying that the HDCP issue with the recent batch of C1 means it cannot do RGB without disabling HDCP on the console at the moment, unless I've missed something about the crux of the discussion...

Upvote 0
I don't own a PS5 but some people in the main C1 thread are saying that the HDCP issue with the recent batch of C1 means it cannot do RGB without disabling HDCP on the console at the moment, unless I've missed something about the crux of the discussion...

Yes, actually I've noticed that the HDCP version reported by the PS5 is 1.4 and not 2.3... I've already looked for this issue, but I hadn't read this problem is related to RGB...

So is there a hardware defect in the latest batches of the C1s? Or can this problem be solved via software update?

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Double check that you have ultra deep colour enabled, toggle on/off to be sure for the HDMI input the PS5 is attached to. Also the PS5 4K transfer rate is not on -1 or -2.

The LG diagnostic cannot determine the bit depth in YCC so will always report 8-bit even if its 10/12-bit.

The max PS5 output in HDR will be YCC/YUV 12-bit 422 at 4k 120hz, it could be Sony have decided that is the way to go and altered the the default output of the PS5 via firmware update, I do recall it doing 10-bit RGB in the past.

You don't really need chroma 444 for a PS5, its for desktop PC usage and the rendering of fine text.
Yeah, ultra deep colour enabled and transfer rate set on Auto.
In recent videos I've been able to see the LG diagnostic displaying "4K 60Hz RGB" in HDR mode, at the moment I don't care about 120Hz.

Upvote 0
Yes, actually I've noticed that the HDCP version reported by the PS5 is 1.4 and not 2.3... I've already looked for this issue, but I hadn't read this problem is related to RGB...

So is there a hardware defect in the latest batches of the C1s? Or can this problem be solved by a software update?

Thanks for the interest!
It's a software issue that's the result of an internal hardware change, as best as we can tell at the moment. Certainly, the evidence suggests this can resolved via a firmware update, which is currently expected on or around 17th November.

Upvote 0
It's a software issue that's the result of an internal hardware change, as best as we can tell at the moment. Certainly, the evidence suggests this can resolved via a firmware update, which is currently expected on or around 17th November.
Great, this is reassuring, thanks again and fingers crossed for the 17th!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom