LG 48A1auto switching off

tonyselon

I have just bought my first LG TV after always buying Samsung. It is OLED 48A1 and I love it. The blacks and picture quality are amazing. The only issue is it keeps wanting to auto shut down. I checked sleep timer settings and they are all off but saw that auto shutdown after 4 hours was on. I disabled this but I'm still getting auto shutdown message.
So then I set shut down set time every day to hopefully override the auto shutdown. I set it to midnight every day as I'm in bed by then and I'm still getting auto shutdown message.
S/w is up to date and only Sky Q connected via HDMI

fluxedman

I have just bought my first LG TV after always buying Samsung. It is OLED 48A1 and I love it. The blacks and picture quality are amazing. The only issue is it keeps wanting to auto shut down. I checked sleep timer settings and they are all off but saw that auto shutdown after 4 hours was on. I disabled this but I'm still getting auto shutdown message.
So then I set shut down set time every day to hopefully override the auto shutdown. I set it to midnight every day as I'm in bed by then and I'm still getting auto shutdown message.
S/w is up to date and only Sky Q connected via HDMI

Very odd glitch, have you tried to reset to factory settings ?

Worth also checking LG support site, sometimes newer firmware updates are available from there instead of Tv firmware online update, you have to download and flash via usb, instructions are on Lg site.

If its still occurring might be worth disconnecting all hdmi cables to TV ( in case its an AV device), factory reset LG tv and try running an internal app say youtube for few hours and just see if the shut down pop up still occurs, since it sounds like a tv software glitch to me possibly, especially if you switched off energy/shut down settings.

If its still occurring via the youtube test, it might be worth firing an email to LG tech team. Obviously if its some fault like that and it can't get fixed soon, you still have some time (check time) to perhaps return it for a refund or exchange, but do one thing at a time naturally.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom