LG 48A1 - which apps for live TV ( no aerial signal post Bilsdale fire)

beedj

Standard Member
Hi I have a new 48A1 OLED TV, and it seems that iPlayer is the only ‘terrestrial' TV app that offers live TV. This is a headache as I’m in an area that still has no aerial signal following the Bilsdale transmitter fire (I can see previous posts with others experiencing same problem of no live-TV with ITV Hub). Looks like I’ll need to revert to firestick where the apps all offer live TV, unless any other apps I can install onto the TV?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
I thought that you could stream live stuff via the All4 app. If you have no signal post the Bilsdale fire and can't get live TV, you should follow this up. I know that in a number of circumstances, those still with no reception have been offered Freesat FOC.

beedj

Standard Member
Thanks - we couldn't find a Live stream option on any of the 'terrestrial' apps on LG TV other than iPlayer - we've reverted to FireStick as temporary measure (ITVHub app on firestick has live TV option, as does All4 and My5).

You're correct on the Bilsdale/Freesat point - but unfortunately we have Sky on another TV elsewhere in the house, which rules us out of the Bilsdale Freesat offer as one of the conditions is "Do not have TV from Sky, Virgin, or Freesat on their main TV set".

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom