LG 47W650T - Initially impressed, now not so much!

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Gilli01, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Gilli01

Gilli01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    On Monday I splashed out £900 on an LG 47W650T TV. Initially I was blown away by it (compared to my old Hitachi 42" 720p plasma). However after a few days of watching it (via various sources ie blu ray, Sky HD, DVD etc) I have to say I am less impressed and think that I may have made a very expensive mistake.

It could be that I may just need to play around with the settings and hopefully you guys out there might be able to help with that.

Its hard to describe really. The picture quality is outstanding, however no matter what you watch in HD (both SKy and blu ray) it looks like everything has been recorded on a blue screen then super imposed onto the background. Anything in the foreground is clear whilst the background doesnt stand out as much. It almost looks like there is a line around anything in the foreground. There also seems to be some blurring when someone/something is moving fast.

Any ideas? :lease:

If I cant get this sorted its going back. Shame really as the 3D is amazing. Watched Megamind in 3D via Sky yesterday and it was fantastic.

Many thanks

2. JESUSLOVESYOU

JESUSLOVESYOU

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30

Is tru-motion enabled? turn it off if so and try that?

3. Gilli01

Gilli01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Its help a little. Just put the Dark Knight on. The scenes of the city from the air are crystal clear, when watching anything where someone is stood doing something it still looks like they have been super imposed onto the background.

4. mocca

mocca
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Hi,
    The blurring your seeing on fast moving images is possibly the native lcd blur? plasma's do'nt have the lcd type blur so your going from a smooth plasma to lcd set that has more judder ect, going from a plasma to a lcd will really show you how much smoother plasma's are.
    Or
    You have motion handling turned on aswell as digital niose filters ect, the dnf ect will give ghosting on fast moving images allso so turn these off.

The super imposing stuff, i take it the same video's ect looked ok on the plasma you had?
    From the top of my head this sounds like DOF ( depth of field ) and it is used in everything from tv programs to games, for pc games i have dof turned off if there is a option as i'm not a fan of it.
    3d films have alot more dof usually than 2d films, the effact of this is lets say.....
    Somebody close to the screen is clear but things behind them or in front are blurry, this is DOF ;)
    Or
    If it's 3d then maybe you need eye correction, i think it's the blue button on controller when in 3d?, try swapping left/right to right/left or vice-a-versa.

Can you take any pictures of your issue's, pictures are allways best when it comes down to it as it gives us something solid to look at and not a picture in our mind ;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011