• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 47LX9900 Calibration.

Gurbinder

Established Member
Yesterday I had Steve (********) come out to calibrate both my TV's (50VT65 & 47LX9900), Steve carried out the calibration on the LG 1st all I can say is the TV is now 2 years old and the Steve has given this set a new lease of life the picture is just out of this world.

I now do belive that calibration should not be limited to just plasma TV's. I can honestly say that this TV has been completely transformed I was going to replace it later this year but I will holding on to this set for a while.

Guy's if you have LCD/LED's you must get them calibrated to get the best out of them.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Those patterns are fine, but if you run them from your laptop, you will be calibrating the RGB input - or the HDMI in RGB mode, which in many cases will not line up totally to YUV from a Blu-ray.

The best bet is to use the AVS forums test patterns burnt to Blu-ray or DVD HD.

Headbangerdaz

Established Member
Those patterns are fine, but if you run them from your laptop, you will be calibrating the RGB input - or the HDMI in RGB mode, which in many cases will not line up totally to YUV from a Blu-ray.

The best bet is to use the AVS forums test patterns burnt to Blu-ray or DVD HD.

I don't have a blu-ray player or watch dvds.

I can't recall whether I used my pc as a source (via hdmi) or the tvs inbuilt browser.Either way I'm happy with the result.

Bumtious

Banned
Yesterday I had Steve (********) come out to calibrate both my TV's (50VT65 & 47LX9900), Steve carried out the calibration on the LG 1st all I can say is the TV is now 2 years old and the Steve has given this set a new lease of life the picture is just out of this world.

I now do belive that calibration should not be limited to just plasma TV's. I can honestly say that this TV has been completely transformed I was going to replace it later this year but I will holding on to this set for a while.

Guy's if you have LCD/LED's you must get them calibrated to get the best out of them.
Thanks Gurbinder. The only way to get a set right is to measure it. The diffidence calibrating properly with the right kit is as said a completely different quality of image getting rid of all the nasty artefacts and overblown greyscale and colour will make a set perform to another level. Especially when you have a set like this where the manufacturer has gone to the trouble to provide controls that enable accurate set up.

When you have a pattern generator putting out the right colours and the a decent measuring device fed into decent software, the results transform a set.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom