lg 47lw540u 3d setting

paulpa66

Standard Member
Reaction score
hELP NEEDED.
Trying to watch 3d on bbc hd showing strictly come dancing in 3d on above tv.
When going into 3d setting i only get 2d to 3d and side by side and other 3d settings are greyed out. Any idea why?

Check you are definately on BBC HD, as it's working fine for me.

hELP NEEDED.
Trying to watch 3d on bbc hd showing strictly come dancing in 3d on above tv.
When going into 3d setting i only get 2d to 3d and side by side and other 3d settings are greyed out. Any idea why?
That's the one you want - but you must be on the correct BBC HD channel.

Sorry this is too late :(

That's the one you want - but you must be on the correct BBC HD channel.

There's been a lot of confusion tonight!!

It would have been so simple for the BBC One continuity announcer to mention the BBC HD channel for 3d viewers. He just said "...and now on BBC One and BBC One HD", without giving 3D a mention.

Then Bruce and Tess went on about 3d, but they didn't say where to find it!!

Because BBC One HD launched on the old BBC HD channel number, there are many who thought it replaced it and there's only one BBC HD channel.

Latest BARB figures show that only 4.3% of viewers watched BBC HD in the last week, even though it's available in over 30% of homes.

yes i was 100% on bbc hd, not bbc1 hd.
the side by side option was just not available only 2d to 3d so all i had was the split screen showing. not happy as i was looking forward to testing it on this.

LG tech support say the source could not have been in 3d. I guess i,ll need to inform BBC HD that my house never received the 3d signal then. Great help NOT:mad:

Strange, did it show an SBS image but no SBS 3D option in the menu?

hi, yes it showed the side by side image, but when pressing the 3d button all i had as an option was 2d-3d, all other options greyed out.
I recorded it too and playing back today i still have the same issue.
And i was without doubt on BBC HD, not BBC1 HD

How is your SKY box and TV etc connected up? does it go through an amp?

Last edited:
Is the HDMI either 1.3a or 1.4 spec?

What receiver.. SKY HD box?

If you are using a skybox what are the resolution settings on it?
Your problem sounds like the skybox is'nt at the correct resolution, same thing happens with pc's if the res is'nt a sbs supported one.
Can you report back on what the res settings are in the skybox menu please :)

Try this.

It does'nt matter that there's not a 3d broadcast, sbs option will work without a 3d input ;)

Change res settings on skybox and then press the 3d button on controller and repeat untill you have a sbs 3d option ;)

Last edited:
If you are using a skybox what are the resolution settings on it?
Your problem sounds like the skybox is'nt at the correct resolution, same thing happens with pc's if the res is'nt a sbs supported one.
Can you report back on what the res settings are in the skybox menu please :)

Try this.

It does'nt matter that there's not a 3d broadcast, sbs option will work without a 3d input ;)

Change res settings on skybox and then press the 3d button on controller and repeat untill you have a sbs 3d option ;)
I was using freesat humax hdr last night, i,ll have a look at where the resolution is on it.

Mocca,Arri33
Super star, i had the wrong HDMI cable connected on the receiver and the res set wrong!!!! Works a treat now.
Thanks!!!!:smashin:

Last edited:
Mocca,Arri33
Super star, i had the wrong HDMI cable connected on the receiver and the res set wrong!!!! Works a treat now.
Thanks!!!!:smashin:

Cool glad your sorted :thumbsup:

Hi I had same problems with no 3d screen available to click on to just the 2d to 3d ,but I sorted it by going to settings and making sure that the set top box was on the 1050 i setting in the video section or something like that,the very best setting on your digital box anyway,my settings were on the lower resolution,anyway fixed it for me now can watch the bbc 3d stuff and the screen will double up into 3d ,hope this helps,by the way it is not a sky or goodmans box i have, just a digital receiver that works with a satelite dish.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom