LG 47LM620T sound problem

GiganticDays

Established Member
Reaction score
I've touched on this in another thread but I thought I'd start a new one as this is a separate problem.

A couple of weeks after buying the LG47LM620T I noticed that every now and then the sound would cut out completely. About 2-3 times a day.
When this happens the TV becomes slow to respond to commands from the remote (15-20 secs to change channel) and needs to be switched off and on to get the sound back.

So far it has only happened while watching Freeview, not Blu Rays via PS3 or Freesat through my Humax FoxSat HD.

I reported it to the retailer (Multizone AV) who said they could arrange a callout by an LG engineer, but if they couldn't replicate the fault they would charge me. They also suggested it might be caused by a poor signal from my aerial. Is that likely or even possible?

Just had an online chat with an LG agent who recommended a factory reset of the TV.
Done that so we'll see how it goes.

Did the reset sort the sound issue. I've got the same issue. Also the sound seems to be slightly out. noticed it last night while watching a blu ray.

Also I'm finding it difficult to get a good balance between great quality and no juddering. What have you got your settings on?

Last edited:
Didn't want to speak too soon, but it looks like it has. The sound hasn't gone off since the reset.

Got the same problem going to try reset. The sound only started going off after a week but the volume would go down on its own
very strange hope the reset works

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom