• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 47LA660V rattling sound at certain volumes/bass levels

Vashetti

Novice Member
Hi, recently my parents bought this TV (47LA660V) from Currys in their Easter sale.

The picture's great, I've calibrated it, followed guides/options on here and we've got a really nice picture now.

Only problem is the sound. They use a PS3 as their Blu-ray player, connected directly to the TV with an HDMI cable and using the TV's speakers (yes, I know, "buy a sound system/soundbar" -- they are planning on it, just not right now).

We've watched several films on the TV, and whenever there's a particularly loud, bassy segment, there's a loud, distracting rattling sound from the speakers. I feel I should specify here that the TV is mounted to a glass stand (with racks beneath it for the PS3, Freesat HD box, etc.), with it's original stand not attached. The sound is definitely coming from the speakers.

Every other sound at that volume is fine, and doesn't rattle the speakers, it's just bassy segments. Turning the volume lower is not really an option because then you can't hear dialog. I should specify here that the volume is only at the '20' level, not that loud at all really.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this rattling sound? Screws need tightening perhaps? Something loose? Would it be better if the TV was just sat on the glass stand with it's original stand attached?

Thanks for your time.

Vashetti

Novice Member
Hmm, maybe a little pre-emptive, but we've attached the TV to it's regular stand now and there's been no rattling as of yet.

I did notice that the subwoofer 'circle' on the back of the TV was tight against the mounted stand previously, I think that was the issue.

Thanks for responding, I'll post if the issue crops up again. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom