Answered LG 47" Picture Problems

crx

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have few months old lg 47lb650v that has vague lines down the screen like shadows on some colours mainly noticeable when watching football, I phoned Tesco who sent out an engineer from a local TV repair shop who has looked at and said the they will replace the screen, will this just be the glass or hole panel? Apologies for the stupid question but I've no idea how the TV's are setup.

Thanks for any help

Tony

I have few months old lg 47lb650v that has vague lines down the screen like shadows on some colours mainly noticeable when watching football, I phoned Tesco who sent out an engineer from a local TV repair shop who has looked at and said the they will replace the screen, will this just be the glass or hole panel? Apologies for the stupid question but I've no idea how the TV's are setup.

Thanks for any help

Tony
I've had 2 LG 49UF850V and both had this issue. The first one i had was a little better than the 2nd one. I can see it on anything with solid colour while it's panning. I've seen the UB850V with it as well. Totally takes you out of the film doesn't it? Shame because i like the picture a lot when i can't see it.

Its a pain in the arse and really starting to annoy me now as some pictures can very good quality

Its a pain in the arse and really starting to annoy me now as some pictures can very good quality
Yeah i know what you mean. They'll probably just give you a new tv being so new. Hope the dirty screen effect/banding will be better this time.

That's the thing they have said they will replace the screen which im not sure if that's just the glass or the hole panel.

They probably meant the whole thing and just used the term screen.

They probably meant the whole thing and just used the term screen.

Guy said its a handy enough job and they can carry out the work at the house without having to take the tv away.

Right guys, I got a new screen fitted and on the engineers report the model number of the screen used is EAJ62647901 im under the impression this is an LCD screen and my TV is LED or am I being stupid?

Yes, you're being stupid :)
That will be the manufacturer's part no for the screen.

The part number says its LCD and when you Google it the description on the despatch note is LCD :blush:

Your Tv like all TV's marketed as LED's is an LCD Tv that is lit by LED's instead of CCFL's
Google it and read up on the technology.

Awe right, apologies on my part I just hope this new screen will have less or no banding, one last question is there anyway of checking if the new panel is the right panel or equivalent spec as the guys at repair place was sketchy as to what was being fitted?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom