• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 44SZ8R DLP - advice/Help needed

Phragzy

Prominent Member
Hi,

In March i bought the above Tv brand new from Currys. Last few weeks i've noticed something odd regarding the screen when the Tv is displaying just a black background. For example if i have the Tv on and everything else is off the screen is black however one half of the screen is a light black and the other half is a much darker black. You can literally trace a line down the middle of the screen where the 2 colours change. It's much more noticable at night when all the lights in my room are off. The odd thing is i can't see that it effects the picture when a normal programme is running. I also use the Tv as a computer monitor and again the brightness levels appear to be the same throughout. It's only when the screen has a black background does it appear that one half of the screen is alot lighter than the other. Anyone have an idea why this is happening? this is the first DLP set i've owned so not sure if this is normal or not. I can't see how it could be normal as well to me it should be the same brightness throughout. This Tv cost £1000 and well if it could be a fault i would like to pick this up with Currys asap.

Would appreciate your help/advice!

Regards

indierules69

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom