1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 44inch DLP projection TV - anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Loada, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I was in Currys in York (Clifton Moor retail park) and they had one of these new-fangled LG DLP projection TV's in...I have to say, I was VERY impressed. I went in to eye up the new Toshiba WH36 but the LG's picture was outstanding, quite obviously better than any of the other plasma and RPTV sets there. They had the remote control for the LG lying around so I was able to have a play with the colour settings and was extremely impressed at how sharp the picture was, on par with some of the more expensive CRT sets in the shop.
    It was next to the Sony 44PX2 which also looked very impressive but the LG set beat it hands-down for PQ.

From what I can see the LG is a real dark-horse and if it's picture is anything to go by, deserves to do well. However, there was some more questions I had that the (typically woeful) shop staff were unable to answer, so if anyone has got one of these already (or knows the answers) please speak up:

1) Does this set have NTSC and/or PAL progressive scan???

2) Where's the most reliable "cheap" place on the 'net to find one?

3) Has anyone reviewed this set yet?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, it seems to have only passing references in previous threads.

Edit: have found a review, http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc...v.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=3014
    doesn't sound too good, lack of component video inputs seems the main flaw, not sure about the picture issues, I didn't notice any of that...

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    They are £2K on unbeatable..
    Check here

I saw one in Curry's with Top Gun fed via DVD.. and I was not impressed at all..

There was not much detail in dark areas, and there was a softness to the detail.. Text, etc was soft, with signs of digital processing. which surprised me, as I would have thought DLP would be good... thats comparing it to what I have seen of the 51WH36... but not a side by side comparison..

The worst thing is that reflectomatic front screen, it is mega reflective, which is a shame...

I'd like to get one side by side, as I suspect that DLP should be better, and hopefully LCOS will be even better still.