Quantcast

LG 44" DLPs

P

Phil Lovett

I have been offered a LG RE44SZ20RD with stand and warranty for £600. Is this a good deal? On the LG website they list the RE44SZ21RD, so is the other one no longer current? Does anyone know what the differences are?

C

Chumpy

The 20 is the old, old model, which suffered from a few more problems than the 21 model which I now believe has also been discontinued. Do a search on the model numbers here - there are plenty of threads on the good and bad side of this set.

P

Phil Lovett

Thanks for that - I only just found the search facility on the forum. I see there are many opinions. So I wonder if £600 is a good price?

C

Chumpy

Yes and no - the set in itself looks ok aesthetically, although the PQ isn't up to the quality of the current DLP offerings from Samsung or Sagem (IMO). There have also been a few issues with the TV switching off and not coming back on, or vice versa. There have also been some expensive circuit board repairs needed.

There are a couple of guys on here which have the 21 model and have had some issues, but other than that are quite happy with them.

Perhaps a look at a review would help? :

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=3537

Bear in mind as the review says it was one of the first DLP tv's over here, and technology has come on quite a way since then.

Lion

I've got the 21 and if I remember rightly the 20 hasn't got component inputs ?
I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problem with my set since getting it in july 2004, I paid £1,500 for it back then. :)

avinitski

Novice Member
Lion said:
I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any problem with my set since getting it in july 2004, I paid £1,500 for it back then. :)
ill join you on this one, had mine for about 4 months now, very happy with it, but i did buy it thinking it was a TRUE HD set as when i was looking at it in the showroom i seen the 1080i input and presumed it can display upto true 1080i :( but HD content still looks fab, but yeah a little peeved i splashed out thinking i got something better lol