1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 44" DLP TV RE44SZ20RD for £700 vs RE44SZ21RD

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tiggertimuk, May 25, 2005.

1. tiggertimuk

tiggertimuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been following the threads on DLP TVs for a while now and have decided that this is the way to go.

I've also stumbled across a seemingly reputable dealer on E-Bay offering the RE44SZ20RD for under £700. Is this the bargain it appears or is there something I should know about this TV?

Lastly, is there any significant difference between the model 20 and the model 21 that would make it worth paying over £1,000 for the newer model?

2. cmt

cmt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    as far as i know the diference in the 20 to 21 is the addition of the component input.

I had the 21 - it was good while it lasted (just under 4 weeks) before it 'popped' and wnet back (got a panny Viera now :) ).

I think lion bought the only good one out there as his seems to be trouble free (althought i seem to remember he bought a projector as a back-up in case it goes)

Do a search on the model number and it will throw up quite a few threads on the subject. The main problems are the lamps going reasonably quickly (lg only g'tee the bulb for 3 months), the Power board for the bulb, some geometry problems and rainbow effects.

But as with most forums, people only report problems and very rarely report the non-existance of problems (if that makes sense!)

cmt

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,509
    I'd save my cash and buy a proper DLP TV instead.

:)

4. The-Stranger

The-Stranger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    currys have the 21 model for £999 now

personally speaking from experience, the tv is excellent, picture is good quality etc

however, it only lasted for 14 months before breaking - if you buy one - get the extended warranty - domestic and general do a annual one for £50

considering the cost of repair for bulb and board is £400-£500- well worth it

i am going to buy warranty once LG have repaired mine

good luck