LG 43UP78 Freesat not functioning ...

SirWilf

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, newbie, so be gentle please...

I have just purchased an LG 43UP78 as a second TV - Freesat compatible. I have got it working on streaming. There is an existing satellite dish which i have tried to use for the Freesat facility left by the previous owners, who had a Sky package. I don't want a record facility.

The cables are thinner white cables from the dish, joined under the floor onto better thicker black cabling to the tv end. The LG has one input, and after fannying around with the two new cables our electricians supplied (during building work) and then disconnected after pulling them through, i have got the TV to recognise the existence of the dish and it appears to have loaded up about 150 odd channels, but they won't broadcast properly. Each one says "no signal".

I don't get it - if there was "no signal", why would the channels even register?

I suspected an incompatible LNB (after a noodle on here), but it was ok when i used my brand new Freesat Box with the other TV?
The LNB is a Sky EL023 Wideband ODU LNB.

I am at your mercy....!
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The LNB is for Sky Q not Freesat, and can be replaced.

Last edited:
Thank you
Do i need a Hybrid type?
Also, how come the new Freesat box i bought recently worked perfectly fine off that LNB but the new TV doesn't?
Just trying to learn a few things .....
Cheers

If it’s only for the TV then use a standard LNB.
New Freesat machines are more like Sky Q machines; TVs usually aren’t.

Last edited:
Freesat 4k box works with $ky Q wideband lnb. Allows more tuners so more simultaneous record/watch options if a recordable box.

A hybrid lnb and extra cables from dish will allow both freesat 4k and the TV to work at the same time.

Google wideband lnb to learn more?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom