LG 43UJ670V bleeding, clouding Issues

sabotage3d

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought two days ago LG 43UJ670V from Richer Sounds and I already have a few bleeding, clouding issues. For me these are unacceptable artefacts which are really visible on darker scenes. Do you think I should play the lottery and try another one or I should try something else? What would you guys recommend?

Below are some images and video of the problem.

d92lGjN.jpg

wrAVCNA.jpg

rWhjNBK.jpg

2cGKBQR.jpg

sjEv68C.jpg

Sometimes this can be caused by uneven pressure from the case screws. It's worth slacking them all off and redoing them to an even tightness (assuming they're not warranty sticker'd).

Thanks! I don't want to break warranty on two day old TV. I can see that the bezel is not even looks like there is a small gap on bottom left of the screen. Quite disappointed with QC on this model. I spoke with Richer Sounds but they want me to bring it to a shop which means I need to pay for a Taxi and two people to carry it. I hoped they have some kind of collection service.

return it and go for a VA panel! IPS are the worst panels I really dont know why big companies are going for them probably because there cheaper to make!. I had the 651 model got it replaced twice and it had the exact same as you on both tvs that horrible ips glow from the boarders!.

Go samsung MU6400 they have VA panels same with the sony 55 inch 7073. Also LG is not worth the money at all with this whole fake 4k carry on with there lower/mid ranged tvs yours and mine being one of them.

A good sight for checking out panel types on tvs is displayspecification.com

you will always get some sort of clouding with Led tvs it just the way it is but IPS are by far the worst for it, VA will not be anywhere near as bad.

it’s totally up to you, mu6400 will definitely be a lot better than the LG you’ve got, if you can deal with the loss of 2.5 inches then i’d go for it or even try and squeeze up to the 49 inch mu6400 in you can.

I think the 49 inch mu6400 version is not VA thus the heavy bleeding issues from the other thread.

The reviews I read about the 49 inch MU6400 stated it was a VA panel, but it’s saying on displayspecification site that its an ADS panel which seems to be similiar to IPS. the 40inch is VA, the 55 Inch is ADS/VA.

I’ve got the older 49 inch ju6400 samsung and its a great TV got it from richer sounds a few years back, not had any major clouding/bleeding issues with it.

thats the sony xe70 VA panel model, you can see some clouding in the corner but its very faint, not distracting.

Attachments

• 83AE93AF-56ED-44B9-9A6B-D5A2C81F8848.jpeg
    83AE93AF-56ED-44B9-9A6B-D5A2C81F8848.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 993
there’s another example for you, you can see slight clouding in the corners, some pictures I took there look a lot worse on the phone than in person!

Attachments

• 15397725-D459-48D4-9861-EA7898BEE2E9.jpeg
    15397725-D459-48D4-9861-EA7898BEE2E9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,004
Returned many TVs for issues such as this,went for a Sony 55 7073 in the end,also invested in some bias lighting to go on the back of the set and what little clouding the TV has is now invisible,as said avoid ips panels,especially lg ones,I returned four sj8*** sets for lightbleed,banding,dse etc.Totally unacceptable q.c.

Attachments

• IMG_20180217_210353.jpg
    IMG_20180217_210353.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 722
Returned many TVs for issues such as this,went for a Sony 55 7073 in the end,also invested in some bias lighting to go on the back of the set and what little clouding the TV has is now invisible,as said avoid ips panels,especially lg ones,I returned four sj8*** sets for lightbleed,banding,dse etc.Totally unacceptable q.c.

amazing tv isn’t it the 55inch 7073! where did you get your leds from? what do you think of the hdr on this tv?

amazing tv isn’t it the 55inch 7073! where did you get your leds from? what do you think of the hdr on this tv?
Yes,happy with it,by far the best one I've had.The lighting came from Amazon,the strip along the skirting was intended for the TV but involved cutting it so didn't bother,all came to £26 in total.

Yes,happy with it,by far the best one I've had.The lighting came from Amazon,the strip along the skirting was intended for the TV but involved cutting it so didn't bother,all came to £26 in total.

Thanks, I will check amazon out for the leds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom