LG 43UH661V-ZF randomly switches

VinceB

Standard Member
Reaction score
Watching TV with sound via Denon AVRX3300W the tv will randomly switch to TV internal speaker! I have changed the HDMI cable, done a power off and a factory reset on both TV and AVR. Watching a film from a media center or watching a youview chanel via the AVR there are no problems. This random switching occurs only watching the TV. Has anyone any idea what might cause this as it is driving my wife and I mad. I would be great-full for any suggestions.

Possibly some sort of handshake issue which causes the TV to think that the HDMI link has gone, causing it to revert to TV speakers. Why only on non-app use doesn't make sense. It might be something to do with video resolution.

As an experiment, use an optical connection to the amp. from the TV. If you have no issues then at least it narrows it down to the HDMI connection. It could be some sort of interference, so cable routing might be worth a look at. Also look at the current firmware levels. If you can temporarily replace the amp. with another HDMI device and the issue goes away, it's probably your amp. If you still have the issue then it's the TV.

Clem

Thanks for the reply. I failed to mention I tried a toslink (optical conn.) with the same problem occurring. I will try another amp to prove amp or TV at fault. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom