Question LG 43UH603V

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by JSmith161229, Dec 31, 2016.

1. JSmith161229

JSmith161229
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

does anyone have an LG 43UH603V?

Was out shopping for a FHD set yesterday but noticed one of these 4K sets in the shop and picked it up. The only real review I can find are on amazon

LG 43UH603V 43 inch Ultra HD 4K Smart TV WebOS (HDR Pro, Local Dimming, ColorPrime Pro, Ultra Surround): Amazon.co.uk: TV

There are some videos on youtube too but mostly about unboxing and initial setup.

My sources are mostly HD and SD rather than 4K so I'm in 2 minds to return it to get a Samsung UEJ6420 instead

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,248
    There's no reviews anywhere for the lower end LGs it seems.

However I know it uses an IPS panel (most LGs do) which makes for better viewing angles but worse blacks and contrast than a VA paneled TV like the Samsung J6240.

If you care about SD I wouldn't use a UHD TV because the upscaling is a lot worse even with the very top of the range models. However you can always demo how it looks if the store are willing to show you SD content or your own SD content you can bring on a USB disk/DVD. May not find much luck with places like Currys with that though so I would look at hi-fi stores with demo rooms like richer sounds.