LG 43UF770V + Yamaha RX-V477 - ARC won't work!

junglemusic

Standard Member
Hello

I've had the Yamaha RX-V477 amp for a few months and have just today bought myself the LG 43UF770V Television.
It took a while but I have successfully managed to set up and configure the TV, get it working with the Sky remote, and even configure the LG 'Magic' remote to work with the Yamaha amp (although only basic functions. eg it'll turn on but won't turn off!)
Anyway, my issue is with the ARC, which I have never used on this amp before as this is the first compatible TV I've had. Essentially I want to be able to watch iPlayer/Netflix or whatever on the TV, but have the TV push the audio back through the HDMI cable back in to the Yamaha.
Despite lots of googling and playing with the settings, I'm still getting no audio through from the TV when trying the iplayer/netflix.
I've done the input/remote setup on the TV to match the Yamaha amp with 'SIMPLINK' turned on etc and I have also gone in to the Yamaha settings to make sure HDMI control is on and ARC is turned on.
Yet still nothing.
One interesting thing, on the Yamaha settings when you go in to HDMI control it says select 'TV Audio Input' but the only options are AV1, AV2, AV3, AV4, AV5, AV6. Why no HDMI? I've tried all 6 and none of them work.

I've got 4 inputs in to the Yamaha:
HDMI1 - Sky HD box
HDMI2 - Apple TV
HDMI3 - PS4

Then just one HDMI 'out' going to the TV into the TV's HDMI2 (ARC)

None of the ARC features seem to work at all. eg when I turn on the amp it doesn't turn on the TV (or vice versa) so none of the syncing seems to be working.

Yamaha HDMI Configuration is as follows:

HDMI Control = On
<Audio Output> (Greyed out)
Standby Through = Auto
TV Audi Input = AV1
Standby Sync = Auto
ARC = On

TV Config:

Sound Out = Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)
Digital Sound Out = Auto (PCM is the other option. doesn't work either)
SIMPLINK = On
DTV Audio Setting = Auto

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at my wit's end.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom