1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 42PZ17 vs 42PZ24?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mikeblanche, Mar 13, 2003.

1. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all,

I bought a LG 42PZ17 off Richer Sounds a couple of weeks ago for 2499, and have been waiting for delivery.

I have just been told by the salesguy that apparently LG are moving the production of this model from the far east to Wales, so there will be a long delay on delivery.

He has however offered me a 42PZ24 for the same price, claiming "even higher brightness etc" than the 17.

I can't find the PZ24 on LG's UK web site but I've found it on their German web site, brightness is claimed at 500:1 ("without filter 650:1") and contrast of 250 cd/m2 ("without filter: 550cd/m2")

The PZ17 on LG's UK web site claims brightness of 750cd/m2 and contrast of 1000:1. (I know this has been disputed in the past on this forum).

So I'm guessing the RS salesman is believing higher product numbers to mean a better product wheras this may not actually be the case.

Does anyone know

(a) the real situation with 42PZ17 production?
    (b) whether the above is right and a 42PZ17 is better than a 42PZ24?

Thanks,

Mike (confused) :confused:

2. mikeblanche

mikeblanche

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone's interested, further investigation reveals that LG are ramping up plasma production at their welsh plant, so that could explain the delay.

I'm holding out for my PZ17 screen, might be another month yet or more so I'm told... :(

Is anyone else waiting for a LG plasma from Richer Sounds?

mike