1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 42PY10X - any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Majid Khan, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is priced at £2295 at John Lewis, with 5 yrs guarantee.. and from what I gather, it is meant to be HD-Ready (although this isn't specified on the JL site) with a res of 1024x768 and a DVI input... anyone able to confirm that it is definitely HD-ready, ie will be compatible with Sky's HD service?

I'm also a little confused about the contrast ratio , some sites list it at 1000:1 , others at 5000:1.

Read a review for it , comparing it with the Sony 42M1 (SD panel) and it's supposedly a better all round plasma, especially with high quality sources.. although the reviewer reckons the Sony just has the edge (only marginally) with better pq on SD material.

Anyone own the 42PY10x , what is the pic quality generally like with Sky/Freeview? and especially with football/cricket ?

I have seen the Sony 42M1, had a demo of it and really liked it overall and was/still am considering it - splendid pic quality in general, except there is some judder with movement..

As a High def panel, how would the LG compare alongside the PV500 or Pio435, or the Hitachi 7200 ?

My only real concern is that LG plasmas are known for having problems with screen burn and also their customer service is meant to be quite poor..

2. Majid Khan

Majid Khan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take it that LG aren't too popular on here ! :)