LG 42PX5R overscan with Xbox360 component & GRAW

S

Swizzer

I'm running my xbox360 on my new HDTV LG 42PX5R with component cable.
I have overscan in both dashboard and in games like GRAW.
Does anyone know how to fix overscan in service menu?I know how to get in there but i don't know were and what to change in there to get rid off overscan when running in component mode?:(

stainway

Novice Member
Before you go and play with service menu try to set it to 16:9.I hope you are not in zoom mode.

S

Swizzer

stainway said:
Before you go and play with service menu try to set it to 16:9.I hope you are not in zoom mode.
It's allready set to 16:9 and it's not in zoom.I know a couple of people who has the same brand and same trouble with overscan.There must be some settings in Service menu that i can fix this with..But thanks for the concern.:)

stainway

Novice Member
Well go then to Service menu and select System control-then you can change over scan-normally is 5% I think.

S

Swizzer

stainway said:
Well go then to Service menu and select System control-then you can change over scan-normally is 5% I think.
Yes i know, i turned it to 1% but that didn't help,i think that option is only for analalog tv and not component, vga etc.There must be some other settings regarding this...
:)

S

Swizzer

Anyone else have a clue what settings to change in the service menu to get rid of overscan through component?

symphara

Have you tried connecting the Xbox using a VGA cable instead? The screen should have no overscan in that case.

S

Swizzer

symphara said:
Have you tried connecting the Xbox using a VGA cable instead? The screen should have no overscan in that case.
Yes i have and when outputting 1280x720=720p with ms hd vga cable it's still overscanning :mad:

O

ocat1979

My mate just got the LG 50PX5D and we are having the exact same problem - massive overscan in component and vga modes. Any help would be great

ive read on the 360 section that the overscan in graw is a well known issue and not something to do with ur lg or any other panel

pezley

Im having teh same problem.Overscan on LG panel.also was the same on my old hitachi.Seems the second i put anything into 720p it does it. PC or 360. I really want to get rid of this.

mind, my 360 is now on VGA and is the nuts. but i still want it sorted for using other things.

S

Swizzer

Well i finally fixed overscan in both component 720p and RGB 720p :smashin: .
Now the dashboard and every game is not overscaning anymore.Did it in the service menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom