LG 42PX5D Any experiences??

L

Longhorn

Thinking of buying the LG 42PX5D from currys but thought i would ask the experts the question. Any issues with this plasma? is it worth the money £1630?

cheers

LH:suicide:

If you look at the spec on the LG website, what you get is very good value for money. Do a search on the forum for the 42PX5D, there are quite few posts about this model but none with major problems.:thumbsup:
I've had mine for just 3 weeks and think the PQ is fantastic.

Longhorn said:
Thinking of buying the LG 42PX5D from currys but thought i would ask the experts the question. Any issues with this plasma? is it worth the money £1630?

cheers

LH:suicide:

Why buy from Currys?, this company must have one of the worst aftersales reputation going:eek: . I have ordered my 42PX5D from John Lewis, it is being delivered very soon upon my return from holiday. The cost, £1630, this includes their famous 5 year warrenty:clap:
I decided on the 42PX5D after taking advice from this forum as well as looking at this and other screens in action in the likes of Comet and Currys. I liked the spec, overall look and value for money this TV represented. The deciding factor was the fact I could get the TV from John Lewis who matched Empire Direct on price.

The main part of the TV is a piano black with a silver trim at the top and bottom. The tabletop stand is silver with a chrome ring where the stand can rotate. I dont think the website mentions the stand much but if you use it on a cabinet or unit the stand rotates by 20 degrees either way to allow better access to the rear connections.

It's black and I think it has whiff of the Pio 436 - looks pretty good IMHO.

Mark Mac
shackle said:
IS THIS PLASMA BLACK OR SILVER:lesson:

The one in my lounge is black too. ;)

Mark Mac
tbrown10 said:
Seen it in the flesh, it's definately black.

If you want to get it from Currys, have a search in this forum, as there's a fair few coupon codes that'll have you some cash (there's one for NHS employees that you can use). When you get to the checkout page enter your codes and watch the price reduce before your very eyes. However, you should really try and get it from John Lewis on a price match, got mine for 1600 quid.

Mark Mac

tbrown10 said:
Why buy from Currys?, this company must have one of the worst aftersales reputation going:eek: . I have ordered my 42PX5D from John Lewis, it is being delivered very soon upon my return from holiday. The cost, £1630, this includes their famous 5 year warrenty:clap:
I decided on the 42PX5D after taking advice from this forum as well as looking at this and other screens in action in the likes of Comet and Currys. I liked the spec, overall look and value for money this TV represented. The deciding factor was the fact I could get the TV from John Lewis who matched Empire Direct on price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom