LG 42PX5D - Another silly question

A

Altern8

hi folks,

Having had my plasma for a couple of days now, I have a small annoying problem. Hope someone can help to solve it.

Is there any way to turn the tv off? Sounds a silly question, I know. When I hit the on/off button on the tv, it goes into 'standby' mode, and a little red light appears, the same happens when I use the remote controll.

Is there anyway to turn the tv off full stop, apart from taking the plug out of the mains socket, seems to a waste of electric overnight.

Cheers

Kev

In my experience on/off switches on tv's seem to be the first item to go wrong. It cost me £125 to fix a switch on a Sony tv a couple of years ago. I now turn it off with the remote now which leaves it on standby, unless I am going away for a day or more. Standby power consumption is normally less than 2 watts.

How is the LG by the way? I am interested in getting one but I believe it does not have audio out on it, correct?

Hi

Like you i was concerned at leaving it in standby all the time , obviously allows for downloads on the digital tuner in standby though remember.

However I decided to re route the power cable to its own supply plug so i can at the flip of a switch just turn off the plasma completely.

If you look at the pics to i have taken the supply to the plasma from the outlet socket to the right and all other equipment is fed via a socket behind the cabinet.

In answer to the other query the 4DV does have audio out i have it routed through my sony S550 amp, so i guess the 5 does also

regards

Thanks kjt. I am going on the specs for the LG which don't specify any audio out.

I'll confirm that it has left and right audio output. You can turn the inbuilt speakers off and feed the audio output via an amp.

Hi folks,

Many thanks for your replys, I am very grateful. Will try and post a pic if I can.

Cheers

Kev

clydethelab said:
I'll confirm that it has left and right audio output. You can turn the inbuilt speakers off and feed the audio output via an amp.

Is it possible to feed the inbuilt left/right speakers from an amp so as to avoid having two sets of fronts?

Hope this makes sense;)

Symo

No

But why would u want to?

As you can turn them off in the menu and just use your surround fronts

hope that makes sense

regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom