Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

LG 42PX11 contrast/flickering problem

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Teccy Toker, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Teccy Toker

Teccy Toker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a LG 42PX11 and before it went for repair I could have the contrast on 75% and had a decent picture.......now the only way to get decent contrast is to set it at 100%.....and I now get fuzzy flickering grey side/top bars, which before were solid grey, is this right ?.

I have tried a tv tuner box with dvi output and I only need the contrast on the dvi input set at 75%.....only prob with this is I can't get all the zoom/aspect ratios on dvi input...grrrrr !...but solid grey side bars (woopie).

BTW...this set has been away 4 times to be repaired....and now it's got a crap piccy compared to before it went away (yes..I have clocked up approx 300/400 hrs on it since it had a new panel/processor board, it's bedded in).....LG say that it's 'within specifications' (compared to a toaster ?) and are refusing to look at it anymore. It's driving me nuts.

TT