• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 42PQ3000 – Set up Instructions wanted please

CaspJar

Standard Member
I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself an LG 42PQ3000 which I should get in the next week
However I have never had a plasma (or LCD) TV before and I've been reading mixed reviews about having to “break” TVs in, calibration, etc

Now, I'm a bit of a nonce with such things so could anybody point me towards the right direction of how to start off with my TV so I don't ruin it, get the optimum picture and sound out of it and so on please,

Also I will be connecting my Xbox to the TV, so are there any special adjustments I have to do for that and are all HDMI cables the same?

Any help is welcome and sorry to be a bother again

Thank You

jolt

forum for lgpq60 at the bottom which is very similar not sure if there is one for pq30 but it has some good guides for picture setup.

some ppl recommend turning the settings down for the first couple of hundred hours. i personally had brightness and contrast down to about 50 and had the energy saver on max, also on the pq60 when you change input ie go from normal tv to dvd, you will need to change the settings again. so remeber to turn them down while its on normal tv, gaming, dvd, etc, you only need to do it once for all though.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/973376-official-lg-pq6000-plasma-thread-30.html

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom