LG 42LW650T pr 42LW550T - diff shops

C

cab50

I am looking to buy one of the above - if the 650 were on amazon i would buy it today - it is not.

My dilema is i prefer for the hassles or lack of to buy from amazon - but is the 650T over ther 550T worth the extra £50 and worth having to use currys

650 £699 in currys, 550 £649 on amazon

Experiences and advice welcome please

Thanks

CB

Richer Sounds? John Lewis?

cab50 said:
Thanks Vicster - neither seem to have them online?

Maybe they don't stock then. Can't check, at work

I have the 650T, which i can't recommend enough, 3D is amazing, so is 2D HD. The differences are I believe the extra 100hz (which does not appear to make any real difference, in fact the default setting is 100hz, and some people have suggested a more stable picture at 100hz), also the bezel is IMO cleaner than the 550 bezel which is slightly rounded, but not a deal breaker. I got mine when the blu ray (BD660) came for an extra £50 from Currys, personally I'd rather pick up direct from the shop, the box is actually quite light/thin and fitted across the back seat of my Skoda Fabia with no hassle, will also be easier to return in the event of a fault.

Don't forget Currys are giving a £50 voucher at the mo with any TV over £500! making it the same price as the 550T anyway.

I have the 650T, which i can't recommend enough, 3D is amazing, so is 2D HD. The differences are I believe the extra 100hz (which does not appear to make any real difference, in fact the default setting is 100hz, and some people have suggested a more stable picture at 100hz), also the bezel is IMO cleaner than the 550 bezel which is slightly rounded, but not a deal breaker. I got mine when the blu ray (BD660) came for an extra £50 from Currys, personally I'd rather pick up direct from the shop, the box is actually quite light/thin and fitted across the back seat of my Skoda Fabia with no hassle, will also be easier to return in the event of a fault.

Don't forget Currys are giving a £50 voucher at the mo with any TV over £500! making it the same price as the 550T anyway.

Thanks for that - I am coming round to the idea of just getting it from there.......it is slightly smaller as well i think which helps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom