LG 42LW450U great depth, lack of pop?

Chudy 13

Standard Member
i have recently bought a LG 42LW450U 3D LED TV,

my issue is that i dont really see images come out of the screen, its more depth into the screen that i'm seeing, which is great but what really sold me in the shops is the LG demo and fantastic poping scenes

is there a setting i can change to alter how the 3D is displayed?

many thanks in advance

loz

It is more a factor of the content. If the content has no pop - and a lot doesn't - then adjusting the set will make little difference. All you can adjust is the depth, not the amount of pop.

boyflyhigh

Standard Member
Most movies these days at movie theaters show more depth than pop out. You will only get great pop out on gaming. You can try calibrating 3d content, it helped me a lot.

Nooby

Standard Member
I have a different model TV (LG LW6500 42Inch) but my 3D experience is similar.
The famous Potato Cod scene blew me out of the water (no pun intended), however that remains the only (yes only) movie I have watched with that effect.

You can imagine how this set me up with watching 3D. It was the first scene I watched in 3D. So i was hooked. But since then no 3D has ever popped out of my screen. Even more interesting is that when a movie looks like it is about to jump out or should be jumping out of the screen all I get is blur.

Put the potato cod back on and he is swimming in my loungeroom - I cant figure it out.

I have watched all suggested scenes where things jump out at you and it never works.

It's a strange phenomenon.

Jason Shouler

Novice Member
Even more interesting is that when a movie looks like it is about to jump out or should be jumping out of the screen all I get is blur.
If you can't resolve close pop-outs then you may be sitting too close the screen.

Sitting further back will not only make it easier to 'focus' on the virtual image but the 3D will look stronger too.

Passives suffer hardly any crosstalk but you must remember to view the TV straight on (not from above or below) to get the best effect..

deblee

Novice Member
If you can't resolve close pop-outs then you may be sitting too close the screen.

Sitting further back will not only make it easier to 'focus' on the virtual image but the 3D will look stronger too.

Passives suffer hardly any crosstalk but you must remember to view the TV straight on (not from above or below) to get the best effect..
Jason does this apply to active plasma as well (distance)?

Jason Shouler

Novice Member

Chudy 13

Standard Member
whats this potato cod you speak of???

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom