• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 42LV550T-ZC DLNA issue

johnblacko

Standard Member
Hi,

I am having an issue when using DLNA to stream movies to my TV from my PC where after a period of maybe 3 minutes the link seems to drop and the media stops playing and starts from the beginning again. The TV did this just fine for maybe two months and then suspiciously after installing an update this feature stopped working. Despite it looking like the update caused this problem I have tried the all of the things below to diagnose the issue;

I tried playing numerous different files of different file types - No difference.

I plugged and in external hard drive into the TV and played the same files that didn't work over DNLA and it played the right through no problem.

I even installed PLEX which is a crap version of Boxee thats compatible with this LG TVs and played the same files which dropped out over DLNA which it played right through to the end proving my network is stable enough to handle this and the computer is capable. ( I dont want to use PLEX as it is utter crap and is extremely slow at caching the library taking minutes to propagate changes to the library).

So has anyone else experienced this?
Is there a way to get a different piece of software like PLEX but better to work with the TV or is there a way to roll back the update to fix the issue?

Thanks for your help
John

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom