• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

LG 42LM620t with LG NB3520a Soundbar issues - options

idigitize

Standard Member
Hi, can anyone help me narrow down the issues, problems im having with this combination.

LG 42LM620T connected via Optical cable 'supplied with' LG NB3520a

I set everything in the audio options pretty much to auto, apart from turn tv speakers off.

Occasionally, the audio just goes off or goes noisey fuzzy noise.. The fix is to restart the TV. It seems to happen when viewing BBC HD channels. Can make the TV unresponsive and slow to the remote, eventually the standby button turns it off.

Im trying to narrow the cause from the following... any suggestions to which is most likely, or the answer would be appreciated as currys and LG helpline not being particularly helpful.

Change audio output from 'Auto', to 'PCM'?
Supplied Optical cable with Soundbar is dodgy?
Location of subwoofer is too close causing interference
Freeview HD signal is poor?
Interference from other cables?
Faulty Soundbar
Faulty TV
Other settings?

I know this is a bit vague, but wondered if anyone had any experience.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

wad

try using the mini jack see if it the same from the headphone out if its the same then rules out the optical cable, if not then something is broken in the tv or sb, to rule tv out plug the sb it into a pc or some other audio unit.

Tookie75

Standard Member
The sound dropping out on the hd channels is a common problem with this model of tv, ive owned 2 of them and they both did it, and it seems to get worse with time.

Take a look at the thread on this board titled, LG 2012 Freeview HD Tuner Issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom