LG 42LM620t Vs 42LM660t, which one?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by jf1, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jf1

jf1
      Novice Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Hi,

I was wondering which one of these TV's to get? The specs seem pretty much identical other than the 660t has built in wifi, regional dimming (through the LED backlight).

The only big one for me is the regional dimming. How much better is regional to standard. Is it worth the extra £70.

Also how good are these systems for gaming because I have heard stuff about frame lag but I looked at another frame and you just need to set it game mode and it aparently fixes the problem although that was with a PS3 and I have an Xbox.

Thanks.

2. jojo417

jojo417
      Standard Member

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +0
      Hi.I've just read your thread and thought i would relay my experience with the LG42LM620T.If you are still to buy a new tv then don't get this.I recentley decided to replace my Sony crt tv and had no choice but to get an inferior flat screen set.LG was recomended to me so i decided on the 42LM620T.This tv can't handle motion and creates too much blurring which spoils your viewing.3D is fine but this is only a gimmick.The menu is over complicated and many of the settings have no effect on the picture.The poor quality of the picture is evident with terrestrial or sattelite signal and even with Bluray dvd.Stick with the old established manufacturers like Sony,Panasonic or maybe Samsung.