LG 42LM620T - Ghosting problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by WillOOL, Jul 31, 2012.

1. WillOOL

WillOOL
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, new to the forum so hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Basically recently bought this TV a couple of days ago and so far its been great. The only problem I'm now seeing is there seems to be a ghosting problem during fast paced sports programs. Been watching the Olympic football in HD on my sky box, and I'm noticing a trail following the football. Also as I was just watching, the picture almost seems to stutter, go blurry and get jagged edges.

I'm just wondering if there is an easy fix for this as I'm not sure myself. Could it be a HDMI problem with lag or the sky box itself? Or could it possibly be the TV? I'm thinking it could also just be one of those things that happens with the TV, but with reviews I read I didn't see people experiencing this. Just hoping its an easier fix than having to get the TV replaced.

Thanks for any help,
    Will.

2. scottthehat

scottthehat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,801
    skys problem is there only outputing 1080i which really is not the best for fast moving action so it doenst help and probably is what gives the blur, as for the judder has the tv got any modes to help with this.

3. WillOOL

WillOOL
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good to know it's probably sky that's causing the problem. Just realised I did change the de judder settings so that's probably the problem there too. I'll probably buy a better HDMI cable anyway to see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Will.

4. tcpomp

tcpomp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got the same problem and have finally got sky to admit that it is their problem and i am waiting for them to get a fix and a software download to sort it. will post when i hear

5. gazzario1971

gazzario1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi. I've also got an LG 42LM620T. I have to say it's a fantastic TV - the picture is great (particularly after following the advice of the AVForums Picture Perfect campaign) and it's full of great features, including fantastic 3D. However, I've noticed a similar issue on my set as described by WillOOL; when watching football, I can see almost 'smear' like effects on the grass as the picture moves over the screen (darker areas almost), and a 'shadow' following the ball when it moves at high speed. Is this normal? I also noticed a very faint horizontal line about a third of the way down the screen when watching 'Hunted' the other night (the colour palette is very muted in that programme and the image was quite grey). I've not noticed it since, I have to say, but it does give me cause for concern. Have any other LG 42LM620T owners experienced anything similar? If so - is there a fix?

Thanks for any help,
    Gareth

6. tcpomp

tcpomp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi managed to get a new replacement set (same model) yesterday after 2 attempts to repair mine and 3 visits from Sky. got it home and still had same problem. took it straight back and got a Samsung and no problems at all so far :)