LG 42LH7000 LCD or Panasonic TX-P42S10B Plasma?

esrdin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Within the next couple of days i'm going to be returning a faulty tv, and i'm told that instead of getting a replacement the shop will put the credit towards another tv, i've been saving up some money which i'm going to add to it, but the range in the shop is quite limited, the LG 42LH7000 LCD and the Panasonic TX-P42S10B, are the two that have caught my eye. There is also a Panasonic TX-P42G10B, but that is a little out of my price range, but could be considered if the other two aren't up to much.
I will be using the tv mostly for blu-ray and gaming, but not very much in the way of watching sport.
The guys in the shop weren't very useful, and so i'm hoping you guys can give me some decent advice as to which of the two would be the best buy.
Thanks

The Panasonic TX-P42G10B would be perfect for bluray and gaming. i dont know about the S10 as it is sub HD. Id way get the H7000 then. great TV

it is the small brother of the SL8000 which has exelent review on the site, so i should peform close to it.

The S10 is 1080p as far as I'm aware? Richer Sounds are doing the TXP46S10 for 799.95 at the moment, mightily tempted...

Ok, so just to throw a further spanner into the works, how about an LG 42PQ3000 Plasma, it has excellent reviews and is about £200 cheaper than the panasonic TX-p42s10b.. Also, i don't fully understand why both Plasma and LCD are so successful, why has one not over taken the other, which is the better technology? Which do you guys think will be most 'future proof'?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom