LG 42LD750N service menu?

Valoisa

Novice Member
Hi, can you please help me how to access the service menu of my TV (LG 42LD750N) ?
I need to access it urgently to turn off the headphone as my TV is stuck in headset mode and this there is no sound. Appreciate your help.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
That's more likely to be a hardware problem, try inserting/removing a headphone plug into the socket a few times.
I doubt there's a setting for "headphone mode" in the service menu.
If by chance it is a software lockup problem try removing the mains power plug for 10 mins.
To reset the TVs to it's out of box setting see page 67 of your user manual.

Valoisa

Novice Member
I plugged/unplugged the headphone several times with no luck. I also unplugged the power cable for like 1 min, but no fix. What I'm looking for is to access the TV service menu to be able to disable the headset option. But I cannot access this menu.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Try a reset as I suggested, page 67 of the user manual.
Are the speakers set to "on"? page 159.

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
In that case you have a hardware fault, probably the socket.
There won't be a "Headphone mode" setting within the service menu...it is purely an electrical/mechanical socket with contacts which open when the plug is inserted open-circuiting the internal speakers and these should close when the plug is removed.

Valoisa

Novice Member
yeah I think it is something like that, but I saw there is a setting in the service menu (EZ-adjust men) that you can disable the headset check... so my only hope for now is to be able to access the service menu and see if I can fix it from there....

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Where did you see this setting?, where did you read it? Are you sure it was for this model?

Valoisa

Novice Member
I saw it while google for the problem. Actually the service menu have very low level settings for everything in the TV. Im not sure of course if it was for that version of the TV. but Im sure there is a hidden service menu on the TV somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom