LG 42LD750 - laptop Dell Inspiron 1525

gamerfun100

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I tried yesterday to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron 1525 to the TV LG 42LD750
After that, i changed from the tv menu, to RGB but i receive the message "invalid format" or something like that. The cable is okay, i tried everything, but still the same.
Can you tell me, please, what's the problem ? Is maybe because of the laptop resolution, which is 1280x800 ? The TV has 1920x1080
Do i need to install the TV driver on the laptop ?? Is that very important ? I didn't.
Any ideas / suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance.
LG 42LD750 Specifications - LCD / LED Flat-Panel TV - computeruniverse.net

In order for clone desktop to work both the TV and the PC must be running the same display resolution.

Try setting the laptop to 1280x720.

In order for clone desktop to work both the TV and the PC must be running the same display resolution.

Try setting the laptop to 1280x720.
Thanks, but i think you are wrong.
I mean that because the TV has 1920x1080, so if i change from 1280x800 to 1280x720, to be honest, i don't see any changes.

That means the desktop resolution is not the problem (they do have to be the same) but something else is stopping it from working.

If the TV has an option to set an input as PC or enabling PC mode try setting that, also updating your Intel display drivers is probably worth doing. Try using VGA output on laptop if it has that and the TV has VGA input, you couldn't output 1080p on the TV from PC anyway unless using it as primary display.

The cable is VGA-VGA, like i said.
I'm gonna try again, later when i get home.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom